Friday, 3 June 2016

Newborn Favourites: First Toys

While it might seem that your newborn spends a great deal of the day sleeping, when they're awake they're taking in their surroundings with increasing awareness. To keep our little one entertained, I'm relying on four favourites that are so dreamy they make me wish I was a bubba again myself!


First up is a cot toy from The Little White Company which wraps around the side of the cot, or bar of the pram and velcros in place at either end. The grey stars rattle delicately while Indy's ears are crinkly so, when our bubba is able to grab things, she'll enjoy the sounds and texture.


When we're in the car, our baby girl enjoys staring at this dreamy pram toy which hangs from the bar of her car seat. Well, when she's awake that is! As with the cot toy, it rattles and crinkles (and squeaks) while the movement of each of the shapes dangling from the grosgrain ribbon swings with the motion of the car.


Every baby needs a playmat and, when they're this great, you wonder what it would take to get one in adult size! Mothercare's Loved So Much range has some adorable bits, but this playmat is one of my favourites. I love the fact that the high sides and teddy's arms make your little one feel cosy when they're little (our girl enjoys staring up at the toys and mirror) and, when they're able, they can play with the five toys or crinkly and jingly paws. We've also added the musical soft toy which plays a really calming lullaby. When they're older, you can remove the arch so they can enjoy sitting and playing on this gorgeous teddy bear for longer.





My Little Garden is another super cute range from Mothercare and I couldn't resist this tummy time roller with all its textures and sounds. I'm not normally a huge fan of lots of pink, but the different shades of this girly toy are really lovely.



I'll be rounding up lots of our favourites, newborn and toddler, so keep your eyes peeled for some more in upcoming posts.
Share:

4 comments

  1. I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.I recently came to know about http://toysuae.com/, their MUSICAL COT TOYS are very effective.
    MUSICAL COT TOYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your composing is purely awe-inspiring that I desired to read such high quality material... baby got stuff

    ReplyDelete

© That's My Baby Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig