Tuesday 30 October 2018

Bedgebury Pinetum Gruffalo Trail

It's been on my list for ages to complete the Gruffalo trail but, somehow a visit to Bedgebury Pinetum has always slipped through the net. It's one of the Forestry Commission's many Julia Donaldson trails and the stories are as popular in our house as, I'm sure they are, yours.



If you're like me, you've found this post while you've been researching and planning a day to Bedgebury and what you're looking for are a few key facts and pictures to give you an idea of what to expect, so I won't spend any longer waffling!


What you'll want to know:
The characters are wooden sculptures dotted around the forest.
The shortest route is 2.3 miles (approx. 3.5km) and it is reasonably hilly so plan your route according to the ages of your children. We skipped a few characters as ours were getting tired.
You can pick up a map at the visitors' centre which has lots of lovely other information and activities.
The paths are pram friendly but many of the sculptures are off the paths (ours was fine on either).
Entry is free but you pay for parking* (we paid £13 as it was peak time as it was half term - school holidays, weekends and bank holidays) and there's lots of it.
You can take dogs (see the Friends of Bedgebury website for more information.)
There's a cafe/restaurant near the Visitor's Centre and car park - it got very busy when we were there so plan lunch/breaks wisely if you're going at peak times.
The Friends of Bedgebury Pinteum have their own Instagram which is worth a look for the gorgeous photos showcasing it throughout the seasons. 
There are lots of other things to do at Bedgebury, including playgrounds, Go Ape, horse riding and bike hire. 



As one of the rare days out that the entire family can enjoy (including our pup), we all returned happy and pooped after a day walking in the fresh air.


*from 30th November you can buy your real Christmas trees from Bedgebury Pinetum and, if you do, you're parking is free. See their website for more info.
Share:

3 comments

  1. MY STORY HERE IS REAL AND GENUINE. My name is Adams Vienna and i am here to testify about Great Mother who brought back my man to me when he broke up with me because of another woman who he met at his place of work. Great Mother is a very powerful, real and unique woman with special powers. I tried to get help from many places and sources to bring back my man but nothing worked but when i contacted Great Mother, she made me smile again by bringing my man back to me with her special powers.. If you are experiencing any problems in your marriage, relationship, and you have any similar problem to this, contact this Great Woman now she will help you. Here is her website: Ourgreatmother1.com   and here is her email address: Greatmotherofsolutiontemple1@yahoo.com   and you can also contact her now on her own Whatsapp number: +17025514367 You can either contact her on her website, email or her whatsapp number. Thank you Great Mother.  

    MY STORY HERE IS REAL AND GENUINE. My name is Adams Vienna and i am here to testify about Great Mother who brought back my man to me when he broke up with me because of another woman who he met at his place of work. Great Mother is a very powerful, real and unique woman with special powers. I tried to get help from many places and sources to bring back my man but nothing worked but when i contacted Great Mother, she made me smile again by bringing my man back to me with her special powers.. If you are experiencing any problems in your marriage, relationship, and you have any similar problem to this, contact this Great Woman now she will help you. Here is her website: Ourgreatmother1.com   and here is her email address: Greatmotherofsolutiontemple1@yahoo.com   and you can also contact her now on her own Whatsapp number: +17025514367 You can either contact her on her website, email or her whatsapp number. Thank you Great Mother.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to testify to everyone on how my husband and i got children after our 5 years of marriage. we got married and we could not conceive a child we have been to several hospitals for checking and the doctors always say that we are okay that nothing is wrong with us, we have been hoping for a child, my husband was beginning to keep late night outside and pressure from the family for him to marry another wife and divorce me, i was always crying and weeping because i was loosing my marriage. so i visited my friend in Florida and she told me that she also have been through this same situation but she got her help of getting pregnant from a Herbal Doctor of fertility,, so she told me that she will connect me to the Herbal Doctor and he will prepare a FERTILITY HERBAL SOAP for me to have my own child, i spent 4days with her in Florida and we both email the Herbal Doctor and he said i should bring all my information to him and he said in 3days the Fertility soap will be prepared and he will send/ship it to me through UPS, after I used it as he instructed, so i waited and i went back made love with my husband and i conceive. so i am very grateful to the Herbal Doctor for his help and miracle that help me save my marriage. please for same help getting pregnant, contact him on zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig