Friday 1 November 2019

Wrap Up In This Season's Softest Knitwear With British Favourites Boden and Joules

I love all the seasons equally, but Autumn genuinely gives me butterflies! The colours, the change in weather, the food, the festivities and the fashion. I love fashion any time of year but feel most at home in knitwear and jeans. Putting on a soft cosy jumper is like the gentlest hug so I'm pretty picky about which ones become staples in my wardrobe.
I'm currently wearing four newbies on repeat, along with some of my favourites from last year. That's another essential of great knitwear: it's got to last season after season and why it's worth investing wisely.


My favourite 4 are from two of my favourite brands: Boden and Joules. I've been lucky enough to work with Boden this year as one of their brand ambassadors and it's definitely something I've been pinching myself about for months. The knitwear I've featured here is part of that partnership. Although I've also worked with Joules before the jumpers in this post are both sale snap-ups. I want to stress though that in both cases this came about because I've shopped with them for years and this post is something I've chosen to write.


The warmest of the 4 is the Cora jumper in conker melange from Boden. It ticks all the boxes: oversized, drop-shouldered, loose roll-neck, longer-line and has a touch of cashmere. I have the size small and find it true to size. The colour is fabulous, so rich and Autumnal but for some reason it's not a colour I've worn before and I'm now wondering why as it's incredibly flattering and goes with everything. If you want to see it (or any of the other jumpers featured in this post) head to my instagram


Next up, I'm going in order of warmth for no reason other than it gives me some structure, is another Boden beauty that is pretty new to my wardrobe yet I've worn lots already and is a definite for Bonfire Night, not least because of the fun colourway: their cashmere crew neck jumper. It comes in 12 colours and they all look amazing but I'm in love with the saffron multistripe. When I was copying the link over a moment ago I also got a bit distracted by the firework, grey melange and baltic (which looks like a teal shade). Again, it's true to size, a more fitted shape than the Cora, with split seams at the hem which I love because I love tucking tops in at the front for a different silhouette. The saffron multistripe is 98% cashmere, the other 2% is due to the metallised fibre in the second stripe. It's hand wash only and I've yet to wash it because I don't think knitwear needs constant washing and it's held its shape really well despite having worn it several times already. This is a treat item for most of us but I honestly think cashmere, when looked after properly, lasts and lasts. The compliments I've had wearing it have given me a boost and the arrangement of the colours are so flattering as the pink sits perfectly next to your face while the grey cuff is a much more practical shade to have by your wrists and the green and saffron are so Autumnal. Can you tell I love it?


So, on to Joules. Both of the jumpers I'm including from Joules are a lighter knit and that's something I think the brand does really well. I love the having knitwear that you can also wear indoors as silly as that might sound as, although our home varies in temperature wildly, often you go to houses dressed for winter and you're ready to peel the layers off within minutes. If that's your home, these are for you. 


First up, a special buy that I don't think will be around for long the navy star festive intarsia jumper that I think you can wear all winter long. I've had a thing for stars for many years so I know I'll get lots of wear out of this. Like many Joules jumpers, this looks great layered over denim shirt which, with the crew neck, makes for a slightly preppier style which I love. Mine is a size 8 which is true to size for me in knitwear.


Finally, the Esha crew block jumper which I had to search via my purchases and was worried I'd left it too late to include. It's massively reduced in the sale and there aren't many left so you'll need to be even quicker with this one. The red is vibrant and incredibly flattering, with side-split seams for that favoured front tuck into jeans. It's a slightly thicker knit than the previous Joules jumper (so I haven't quite gone in order of thickness after all!) and, again, looks great layered over a denim shirt. The LOVE intarsia means, for those who think red is a festive colour, that you can wear it any time of the year. That's not me, btw, I think red looks brilliant all AW as it not only brightens your complexion but any grey day and will definitely find you with lots of compliments!

So, that's it, for now. I'm off to pick one of my four favourites to wear today as it's chilly and I'm off out shortly.


Share:

3 comments

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig