Monday 26 October 2015

The Trials and Tribulations of a Crawler

The days of the static baby are long behind us, something of a distant and more peaceful memory. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits that Charlie's crawling and, if he wasn't doing it sometime soon, I'd probably be booking in with the community midwife to see if there was some fundamental reason why not.


I'm not a worrier, by nature, but I sometimes wonder whether I should be. Rewind a few weeks when my husband called me to the lounge. I expected to see the standard, drawer open or magazine covered in dribble. Nope. There he was, the little monkey, hands full of coal sitting in the hearth of the fireplace. It wasn't on, I might add, I'm not even sure it's a fully working fireplace. Still, the sight of your 9 month old looking like a chimney sweep from the Victorian era, covered in coal dust is enough to make you question your abilities as a mama.

It's not the only time I've turned my back only to realise my naivety; there are too many to list.

So, if you're a new parent, do yourself a favour: don't stress too much. Yes, make the necessary alterations to your storage habits and, maybe, just maybe, consider putting the TV on the wall (I'm still working on that one), but the reality is that your little one's desire to explore knows no bounds and, no matter what you do, they'll find things you didn't even think of to pull apart or shove in their mouth.

Now, I'm just off to fish a bar of soap out of the dog's mouth but that's a whole different story..!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig