Monday 4 March 2019

Shrove Tuesday: Pancakes all the family will love

Pancakes are one of my favourite things to eat. I'll eat them in most forms but, give me a leftover lemon and I'll be wanting to pair it with crêpe-style pancakes, drenched in its juice and carpeted in sugar. If you want to mix things up a bit though, this Shrove Tuesday, I can recommend pulling out two favourites that I've posted about before: for the grownups, Jamie Oliver's berry good pancakes and for the younger ones Annabel Karmel's yoghurt pancakes (recipe on the app although there are similar recipes on her website).


I have to admit, as a creature of habit, the first time I made berry good pancakes, I wasn't sure they were going to live up to their name (I thought the blueberries might make them a bit soggy) but the mix of textures alongside the sweet and savoury flavours are absolutely delicious. I said these are for the grown-ups but blueberries are firm favourites in our household so I've served them without the trimmings (streaky bacon and maple syrup) for our children but a dollop of yoghurt works well too. As with every pancake recipe I've tried, this one is so easy you can get the children involved too; I usually find that when my sous-chefs have helped they're just as keen to be chief tasters!


Although I have a keen sweet tooth, I normally find maple syrup too sweet and considered leaving the final drizzle but it's a great contrast with the bacon and the stickiness is really lovely.


Now for the Annabel Karmel's yoghurty pancakes. They're the same American-style (smaller and thicker) as Jamie Oliver's and are so similar but the yoghurt gives them a really subtle sweetness that means they're happily gobbled on their own. I don't know a child that doesn't like yoghurt and there are so many lactose-free yoghurts for children with dairy allergies (Sainsbury's has a good online selection to get you started) that you can easily switch in. I've got Annabel Karmel's app (it's got its own shopping list feature which has saved me lots of times) and this recipe is particular to it but she's got a lovely blueberry and yoghurt recipe on her website too.


In the past, we've added a drizzle of honey to ours along with a handful of blueberries and some banana but I'd go with whatever fruit you want/have in the house because that's one of the joys of pancakes: the ingredients are ones you're unlikely not to have at home so why complicate them.


Although, I have to confess, I tend to choose a crêpe over an American pancake on Shrove Tuesday, I really love both recipes especially for Sunday brunch or a lazy breakfast when you've got guests staying. However you eat yours this Pancake Day, I hope you've made enough!
Share:

3 comments

  1. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Iwisa for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr ojoka, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced me to Dr Iwisa a true Spell Caster. In less than 38 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. iwisa for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. email: superiorspellhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +27730886631 Website: www.superiorspellhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to testify to everyone on how my husband and i got children after our 5 years of marriage. we got married and we could not conceive a child we have been to several hospitals for checking and the doctors always say that we are okay that nothing is wrong with us, we have been hoping for a child, my husband was beginning to keep late night outside and pressure from the family for him to marry another wife and divorce me, i was always crying and weeping because i was loosing my marriage. so i visited my friend in Florida and she told me that she also have been through this same situation but she got her help of getting pregnant from a Herbal Doctor of fertility,, so she told me that she will connect me to the Herbal Doctor and he will prepare a FERTILITY HERBAL SOAP for me to have my own child, i spent 4days with her in Florida and we both email the Herbal Doctor and he said i should bring all my information to him and he said in 3days the Fertility soap will be prepared and he will send/ship it to me through UPS, after I used it as he instructed, so i waited and i went back made love with my husband and i conceive. so i am very grateful to the Herbal Doctor for his help and miracle that help me save my marriage. please for same help getting pregnant, contact him on zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig