Saturday 29 November 2014

Little Miss Bump: Maternity Fashion

So, with your bump in full bloom, it's time to embrace maternity fashion! As a keen shopper, I've spent hours trawling the internet and high street, desperately seeking stylish pieces to carry me through. Although keen to look on-trend, I've been conscious of purchasing maternity styles that could see me through another pregnancy so I avoided anything that was too "out there"! Friends have also told me that I will probably be wearing my maternity clothes for a while after our little boy is born.

H&M Mama range has been a god-send. I've bought several pairs of their skinny jeans which have allowed me to continue wearing the style that has been a wardrobe-staple of mine for years. I found their super skinny jeans to be the best fit as you can tuck them into a pair of shoe-boots or pop on a pair of smart heels for a more glamorous look.


I recently purchased their coated black jeans (second from left) which I love with and couldn't resist adding the ribbed knee pair (far left) to my basket too! They are slightly edgier and work brilliantly with this winter's trends. All four pairs have an over-the-bump band which makes them super comfy and keeps you nicely snug in the winter months. I had purchased a grey pair of their skinny jeans, but the ankles were overly wide and bulky and, after only a few hours of wearing them, I found myself hitching them up non-stop, so I returned them to my local store. Super skinny is definitely the way to go.
The denim pair are a staple in my wardrobe and, for lazy Sunday afternoons, I often team them with my favourite pair of tan ankle boots, plaid shirt and, as it is non-maternity, I pop a navy vest underneath.


My only bug-bear with H&M is that their stores don't really have the best range of sizes and you can find yourself walking away empty handed for too often as your size isn't in stock and can't be ordered
in. Go online, but be patient as I found their delivery trying.

Are there any ranges that have worked particularly well for you and that you're filling your wardrobe with?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig