Sunday 14 December 2014

Work it, baby...

Maintaining your sense of style while dressing smartly for work is difficult when you're pregnant. You'll spend most of your time in the clothes you buy for the office so they also need to be comfortable. I was determined not to lose my sense of style and scoured the shops for key pieces to see me through. Here are a few of my favourite picks...

I also have these Warehouse scuba
trousers in the shadow print.
I am a devotee of Warehouse and love their fab scuba trousers. They're stretchy, have no zip or buttons and are low waisted, meaning you can fold the waistband below your bump and, potentially, get away with the same size, or similar, to that you would normally wear. I bought mine in September when I was almost 6 months and my best uni bud, who was then almost full term, also rocked them so they're a great purchase.
Team them with loose, long-line blouses if you want to keep mum for that little while longer. I bought mine from Oasis and Warehouse and they have kept me going for months. They go with almost everything, are smart enough for work and the clean lines help reduce any fuss (key in my book).

I also bought two pairs of H&M Mama pencil trousers, one in black and the other navy with a subtle chalky pin-stripe. Both are incredibly smart and retain their shape. The over-the-bump band is super comfy and the slim-fitting shape is uber flattering. They're the type of trousers that I would like even if I wasn't pregnant. Since the weather has changed, however, I have worn them less as they are ankle-grazing and not so good for chilly days.


As I normally wear fitted clothes I also took the  opportunity to pop on some of my favourite and most forgiving work dresses, remembering each time might be the last in a while that I would get to. The best at hiding any early signs were those with prints, so root around in your wardrobe until you find some goodies. 
Now my dresses no longer fit me, I've fully embraced the lycra! I've been pairing jersey fabric skirts and tops in matching colours and most of my colleagues have been convinced they're dresses. Primark have a range of colours and I've bought, grey, black, mulberry, navy and dark green. Their skirts are meant to be mid-calf, but are knee length when pulled up under the bust. The matching colours are flattering and sophisticated looking, especially when teamed with a statement necklace (mine are from Accessorize).




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig