Tuesday 9 February 2016

Shrove Tuesday Pancakes For Babies

I'm a little nuts about pancakes (aren't we all!?), but hit a pothole when it came to making pancakes for our 13 month old that would be sweet enough on their own, without the carpet of sugar and lemon that I normally drown mine in (please tell me I'm not the only one?!?), and that I didn't need a trip to the shops for.


Thankfully, Annabel Karmel has several recipes to choose from in her app (if you don't have it, I'd definitely recommend it), so I thought I'd have a go at the ones with yoghurt as Charlie is as nuts about yoghurt as I am about pancakes! What baby isn't?


They take on the form of scotch pancakes so, wanting to make mine as neat (and instagrammable!) as possible, I cheated and used a large scone cutter to help them keep their shape when pouring the mixture in, but removed it after a few seconds. I burnt the first one (I always mess up the first one!), but soon got the knack; I normally make thin crepe-like pancakes, so these were new to me.


Our boy loves banana, so for the fruit topping I chopped some of them up and drizzled honey over the top. He loved them but, don't worry, he didn't have the whole stack!


I'd definitely recommend these but, whichever you try and whatever your topping, have a great Shrove Tuesday and enjoy your pancakes!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig