Tuesday 20 January 2015

Makeup Bag Heroines

I love make up and being a mother hasn't changed that, although it has changed the time I have to get ready! Our son is a month old today and in those four weeks my make up bag has been wittled down to key essentials so that I can get ready in (almost) a moment's notice, so I thought I would share the go-to products in my Tender Love and Carry make-up bag with you in today's post.
My mother-in-law popped Benefit Porefessional Primer in my stocking this Christmas and I have been using it ever since. Its light and silky texture make it a perfect base and I love the colour too as it compliments my skin tone. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation is one of my current favourites, although I chop and change my foundation frequently, as it's light, runny texture means you don't feel like your face is caked like with some thicker foundations. The colour range is vast and, it also comes in a handy stick which I tuck in my handbag (or more accurately the nappy changing bag) for when I'm out and about.


I have been a fan of Benefit's bronzers and blushers for years for years and Hoola is great for adding a bit of much needed colour (especially after a sleepless night of feeding with a newborn!) and I couple that with Dandelion which, at this time of year, gives a subtle blush although is lost on me in the summer when I've got a bit more colour in my cheeks.



For lips and eyes, I can't do without a good mascara such as Benefit's They're Real and I have been a huge fan of HD Brows Palette in foxy ever since I first tried it over a year ago. I don't have time to put on eye shadow in the day, but I find that a quick blot of No7 Smoky Powder Eyeliner in black in the outer corners of my eyes gives them a lift. I am also a fan of their Lip Crayons and have a number of them which I swap in depending on my mood and what I am wearing. My current favourite is Berry which is a high gloss stain that slicks on like a lip balm.
What are the secret weapons in your make-up bag that are getting you through those sleepless nights?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig