Friday 16 June 2017

Holly's Bunnies and Bears Picnic

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings it's just me and this little lady as Charlie goes to nursery, so I try to make it a special time for us two; I'm sure it's not just me who feels guilty that the second child doesn't get you to themselves as much as your firstborn.



As it was stunning out yesterday, it was a perfect time for a bunnies and bears picnic in the garden (Holly loves her soft toys). So out came the teepee, the wooden tea set and on went the summer clothes (and sun screen).




Our teepee is truly one of our children's favourite things and is permanently up in the nursery; it's well-loved and a regular base for hide and seek, story and milk times, present opening... I love that it's such good quality thick white canvas as I can wash it easily and it's more breathable that some of the nylon tents and teepees you can get for children which is perfect when it's hot outside. The window and opening at the top mean there's always airflow, even when the children close the flaps to cause mischief! As it's just us girls this morning, I couldn't resist popping some bunting on but the cushions are always in the teepee to make it super cosy.


I've been a fan of aden + anais for a few years now and love this smock top and bubble shorts that we were sent from their metallic collection with their slight stretch as well as poppers down the back of the top (the hubs  complains about little buttons so these are a win!). One of the brand's key selling points is the muslin fabric that they use in single or multiple layers (depending on the season) as it's so gentle on soft skin and breathable. We have dream blankets and sleeping bags too and they just get softer with each wash. As Holly's still crawling, smock tops are always on my shopping list.



The wooden tea set and birthday cake (similar) is another favourite and you can't have a picnic without tea and cake but, as H is too young to really take advantage of it, I brought out our wooden fruit set so she could play with the velcro'd pieces too.







These mornings always fly by so it was all too soon that we had to head in for some real food before heading off to pick up Charlie so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more lovely weather so we can do it all over again as it was such fun!



As soon as we headed in, the pup decided to take a break from the sun in the teepee (you might have seen him on my instastories). I knew he would: he loves it as much as the children. So I took all their things out and put another blanket in for him on our way back indoors.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig