Monday 18 December 2017

Feeling Festive with Boden

I love Christmas and nothing says the festive season has properly started quite like dressing the tree in your seasonal jumper so, when Boden sent through some of their most gorgeous knits for the whole family, I couldn't resist sharing our afternoon decorating the tree in a blog post.


We have a three week old in our house so I decided not to book a trip to see Father Christmas this year as I wasn't sure how much energy we'd have for it. Instead we took a trip to Standen House National Trust a few weeks ago to see their trees on one of their twilight weekends. It was stunning and really got us in the mood but, I have to be honest, taking the trip with a 1 week old whose feeds were entirely unpredictable and two toddlers who wanted to touch every light and decoration going was a mistake! We were truly outnumbered.








Nonetheless, the traditional decorations gave me inspiration for our tree; I'm normally a glass bauble kind of girl but, with a 1 and 2 year old, I knew things had to change so fully embraced the more durable toys like Nutcracker soldiers, post boxes, gingerbread men and the like. So, while our older two napped in the nursery and our newborn snoozed under the tree, I popped all the baubles on (out of reach) and set out the toddler-friendly decorations ready for Charlie and Holly when they woke. I wasn't quite expecting the reaction we got so was thrilled that they fully embraced it.



I was fully expecting, at least, one of them to decide they didn't want to change into their Christmas jumpers (you never know with toddlers!) but they were both so excited to pop them on and get started with the decorating. Charlie loves the fact that his jumper has Rudolph on and the excuse to sing the song, while Holly is obsessed with her Robin leggings and the hood of her poncho. Our newborn looked absolutely adorable in his cosy fox adorned knitted playsuit (similar) and the fact it's so soft means it doesn't irritate his delicate skin. 





Not to leave us out, the lovely people at Boden sent the hubs and I the best Fair Isle jumpers that we're finding every excuse to wear (Christmas jumpers all month, I say). In fact, all of our festive knits are so popular that they've already been through the wash lots of times and look just as good as the first time we popped them on. We all love ours so much that I'm going online to snap up some others in Boden's sale.






We have a gorgeous big front door and traditional Victorian porch that is crying out for a real wreath at Christmas, so Holly and I hung it while Charlie was finding the best spots for his gingerbread men. Our local florist had some lovely bunches of mistletoe so the hubs hung that over the door and we each stole a few kisses with our girl before heading back in to warm up in front of 'The Snowman and the Snowdog' and admire our handiwork.









The excitement of Christmas is strong in our household; both our toddlers have their favourite decorations (me too!) that they're allowed to play with and get really excited each morning to turn on the tree lights and seek them out. In fact, I don't know what we'll do when we have to take the tree down or it's no longer acceptable to wear our Christmas jumpers! 




Share:

4 comments

  1. i am here to express myself on how Dr Iwisa saved my marriage from divorce. Myself and my husband were having some misunderstanding and it was tearing our marriage apart to the extend my husband was seeking for a divorce. So i have no option than to go to the internet to seek for solution to my problem it was there i came across Dr.Iwisa details and about how he has helped a lot of people by restoring there relationship. I contact Dr.Iwisa and in less than 48 hours my husband cancelled the divorce papers. Now myself and my husband live together in peace and harmony all thanks to Dr.Iwisa for saving my marriage from breaking up. Dr. Iwisa contact information are via email: superiorspellhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +27730886631 Website: www.superiorspellhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr Iwisa my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again DrIwisa you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact email: superiorspellhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +27730886631 Website: www.superiorspellhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY STORY HERE IS REAL AND GENUINE. My name is Adams Vienna and i am here to testify about Great Mother who brought back my man to me when he broke up with me because of another woman who he met at his place of work. Great Mother is a very powerful, real and unique woman with special powers. I tried to get help from many places and sources to bring back my man but nothing worked but when i contacted Great Mother, she made me smile again by bringing my man back to me with her special powers.. If you are experiencing any problems in your marriage, relationship, and you have any similar problem to this, contact this Great Woman now she will help you. Here is her website: Ourgreatmother1.com   and here is her email address: Greatmotherofsolutiontemple1@yahoo.com   and you can also contact her now on her own Whatsapp number: +17025514367 You can either contact her on her website, email or her whatsapp number. Thank you Great Mother.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig