Wednesday 27 January 2016

Maternity Creams and Oils

Having two children so close together has made me even more aware of what our bodies go through and the importance of investing in the right skincare products during pregnancy. 
I made it through pregnancy no.1 without gaining any stretch marks and, although I believe that is partially down to genes and the fact that Charlie was born a month early, I also swore by keeping my skin supple with creams and oils. I'm hoping for a lucky outcome this time too [desperately crosses fingers], but am not prepared to leave it to chance so have been trying a number of different products and thought, now that I'm 28 weeks, it would be a good time to share them with you.


I'm a devotee of Clarins and two of their bestsellers: their stretch mark minimizer and  extra-firming body cream are firmly ensconced on my bedside table.


The minimizer is great for mornings when you don't have much time between application and getting dressed as it's so light that it sinks quickly into your skin, while the luxurious cream is slightly thicker.


My ultimate favourite skincare product throughout both pregnancies, however, has to be Clarins firming body treatment oil as it leaves my skin feeling amazing. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it smells absolutely divine! Be prepared to feel like you've been transported to a spa after you've applied it! Like all oils, it does leave a residue on your clothes, but it washes out very easily. I apply it after a bath for an evening curled up in my pjs, or before bed and, I'm convinced, the scent helps me drift off to a more peaceful sleep.


Another brand I'm a fan of for their baby products is TEN, so when I had the chance to try their stretch mark and breast care creams I was really keen. They're a purse-friendly option if you can't afford to stretch (if you excuse the pun) to the higher end products. Both sink easily into your skin and don't leave any residue, so are great if you don't have much time.



Apparently, Elemis was Victoria Beckham's go-to brand during her pregnancies (with their frangipani oil being her favourite) and a friend treated me to their Japanese camellia oil for my birthday. It's a delicate subtle scent, so is perfect for those of you whose sense of smell has gone haywire since you've been pregnant! As with the Clarins body treatment oil, I frequently get the hubs to apply it whenever he's given my aching muscles a massage. In fact, I've got a post coming up on pregnancy aches and pains soon so, if that's you, keep your eyes peeled.


If you're looking for a more purse-friendly option Bepanthen's stretch-mark cream is definitely a good choice. The pump applicator makes it easy to dispense and although it's thick, its a non-greasy formula and sinks in well.


Finally, Arbonne's genius booster serum. It might be small and seem pricey for the size, but you can mix a small amount of it with your regular moisturiser and, although technically not a pregnancy serum, I've found it has many of the same benefits.


I hope you've enjoyed reading my round-up and that it's been of some use! If you've tried any of the products I've reviewed in today's post, or if there are any other creams/oils/serums you'd like to recommend them, add a comment below for other readers (and me!).
Share:

1 comment

  1. Pregnacare Nourishing and luxurious Body lotion developed to nourish and condition skin for long-lasting comfort. Most of the pregnant women are worrying about her body skin during pregnancy. They can avoid this problem by using good body lotion cream. PREGNACARE NOURISHING is a good body lotion.

    ReplyDelete

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig