Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmas Traditions: Christmas Eve

"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through [our] house..." we were wearing Christmas pyjamas and fully embracing our Christmas Eve traditions.
Although us Brits, like much of the globe, get geared up for Christmas Day, it seems I'm more continental as it's Christmas Eve that I get most excited about. I've always loved it, but now I have a family of my own my excitement levels reach fever pitch as soon as the sun starts to set on the 24th. Keen to spread my enthusiasm like confetti, there are now a number of traditions in our house that may as well be written in stone!


From this year onwards, our Christmas Eve traditions will be waiting, ready to open, in this gorgeous red star storage bag that we were kindly sent by My 1st Years. We have a few of their products (they're great quality and reasonably priced) and I love that you can personalise each item. I decided to go simple as I'm planning to use take our storage bag to my parents' on Christmas Day so will be refilling it with presents for their cousins before we leave and I love it so much that I want to be able to use it every year.



Christmas Eve for us is a time to relax before the chaos of Christmas properly starts so, of course there are Christmas Eve pyjamas involved. The tinies have red and blue checked flannel ones from the white company, one is a romper while the other is traditional. I love that they can be worn beyond Christmas as they only nod to the season and are cosy enough for winter nights. 



You need cosy feet in the winter, so they'll be keeping their feet warm with these penguin and star slippers and, our lucky boy, will be wrapped in his blue star dressing gown (similar). Don't worry H will be cosy too. 





I'm in love with Jellycat, so couldn't resist adding to their collection with Elly and Barley, although I'm not sure whether they're more for me or the tinies!





I've read The Night Before Christmas each 24th December since I was a child, there's something incredibly magical about it, and this year it's the finale in our #twelvebooksofchristmas. Once we've finished reading it, we'll be putting out the traditional fare for Father Christmas and scattering our sparkly (animal friendly) reindeer food on the lawn in the hope that it will help guide Rudolph and his pals to our chimney.





After that, we'll be tucking the kids up in bed and curling up on the sofa with Buddy (who'll, no doubt, have a treat of his own), a Christmas tipple, some sugary snacks and watching our favourite Christmas movies: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone. They're old childhood favourites and I'm not sure there are two better Christmas films. We just need to decide which to watch first.






I hope you all have a great Christmas Eve, whatever you have planned and whatever your traditions are.  xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© There's Always Sunday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig